Juicing or not?
According to the Institute of Integrative Nutrition; juicing involves the extraction of juice from fresh fruits and vegetables for a cocktail of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
Choosing the right juice can be confusing, as they all claim the same health bene ts. Here is the low-down on how to spot the good juice from the bad.
Homemade or Freshly Made Juice
is the best of the bunch – this is the freshest juice available. Juice bars are increasingly popping up in cities and in health food stores. Ask if the ingredients are organic. Homemade juice will save you money long-term and allows you to get creative with your juice recipes.
TIPS FOR JUICING:
- Drink it fresh. Fresh juice can develop bacteria rather quickly, so to be safe, don’t wait. Vitamins and minerals can be destroyed with increased exposure to air and light. In order to get the most from it, drink your juice right away.
- People cannot live on juice alone. Juicing is a great way to add extra nutrients and minerals into your diet, but there is typically little protein, fat, and ber. Your digestive system was created to work. A rest now and again is ne, but just as the mind must be kept active in order to keep it working at a high level, the same goes for bodily processes like digestion.
- All juices are not created equal. Vegetable juices are nutrition powerhouses. Fruit juices, although an excellent source of vitamin C, are high in naturally occurring sugars and should be consumed less often. If you’re new to juicing, try adding apples, pears, lemon, or ginger to help make your vegetable juice more palatable.
- Fast and easy absorption of nutrients
- Increased energy levels
- Clearer thinking ability
- Glowing eyes and skin
- Strong hair and nails
- Heightened sense of taste and smell
- Strengthened immune system
- Improved appetite control
- Provides a healthy rest for your digestive system
Usually I prepare a juice for me as the first meal that I have the moment I wake up, it helps me not to miss some greens during my day and it helps me feel really good in my stomach.
Don´t forget to Just keep swimming <3.